Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Measurement Supervisor for their New Mexico assets.
· Monitor, supervise and develop measurement/analyzer technicians and measurement coordinators.
· Oversee all aspects of gas and liquid measurement (NGLs and condensate) including the measurement of product via pipeline and/or truck.
· Oversee utility measurement including fuel, water, steam and other process utility metering
· Oversee the operation and maintenance of all hardware and communication systems associated with measurement activities
· Review, analyze, and troubleshoot product balances to demonstrate accurate measurement results
· Comply with all commercial and regulatory requirements
· Comply with all safety and environmental laws and regulations
· Budget, monitor, and control operating expenses
· Develop and manage measurement related projects
· Maintain good working relationship with customers and suppliers
· Work closely with corporate personnel including engineering, corporate measurement, property accounting, and distribution
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 year of related work experience.
· Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
· Knowledge and understanding of relevant API, GPA, and ASTM measurement standards
· Fundamental knowledge of company safety, labor, and personnel procedures and guidelines
· The ability to understand meter schematics, pipeline flow characteristics, and to have a fundamental knowledge of gas plant operations
· The ability to diagnose and analyze measurement problems and determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance
· Supervisory experience in the daily activities of measurement/analyzer technicians, measurement coordinators, contract labor, and vendors preferred
· Commitment to ES&H compliance
· Fundamental understanding of gas measurement
· Fundamental understanding of liquid measurement
· Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
· Regular and Reliable Attendance
· Recognize and react to problems before small problems become major problems
· Able to properly prioritize work
· Realize the importance of customer relationships and responding to their needs appropriately
· Understand cost control and budgets
· Effectively plan, coach, review and give feedback to employees about performance and developmental needs
· Able to clearly communicate with outside groups, such as customers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors
· Able to deal with different personalities
· Accepts accountability for all aspects of job performance
· Works effectively and cooperatively with others
· Values experiences and contributions of others
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.