Position Title: Meat Manager
Supervisor: Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt (Paid by the hour)
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises all activities in the meat department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays. Is responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances. Must maintain records as required. In the role of meat manager, he/she will oversee the Assistant Meat Manager (if applicable), Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the meat department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all Meat products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of Meat products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Performs weekly self audits of the Meat department.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-119%
- Finger dexterity – 80-119%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 119%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – occasionally
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.