This position is responsible for sales, receiving, identifying, merchandising, weighting, pricing, traying and wrapping meat, poultry, fish and frozen foods accurately and according to regulations and company standards.
This position may include cutting and grinding, depending upon union contract language.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Receive and verify all items purchased by the department, including proper handling, rotation, and placement of all product or supplies (this includes checking dates and pulling product when needed).
- Cut and trim all meat and seafood items as allowed by union contract.
- Grind beef, veal, pork, etc. as allowed by union contract.
- Prepare meatloaf, patties, sausage, and other products for value added meat case.
- Prepare product for self-service sale by wrapping, weighing, and pricing in accordance with department specifications.
- Fill, stock, rotate and build displays in all department cases including frozen, luncheon meats, self-service fresh meat, and service meat and seafood cases.
- Greet and provide assistance to customers. Model the Lund Food Holdings customer service standards at all times.
- Clean and sanitize all power equipment, hand tools, case coolers, fixtures, and other equipment.
- Follow all food safety requirements including hand washing, temping, food storage and employee health.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment, adhering to all safety and security programs, guidelines and regulations.
- Help maintain equipment through proper use, cleaning, maintenance and repairs to maximize life expectancy and minimize cost of operation.
- Maintain store specific operational standards and ensure compliance with company operational standards.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
2. Licensing Required:
- Food safety certification
- Must demonstrate customer service orientation through prior experience and/or friendly, helpful, and engaging demeanor
4. Competencies (the Lominger Competency Architecture was used to establish skill sets needed for positions at LFHI)
- Focusing on the Bottom Line (1. Action Oriented, 43. Perseverance)
- Managing Diverse Relationships (5. Customer Focus, 42. Peer Relationships)
- Acting with Honor and Character (29. Integrity and Trust)
- Keeping on Point (50. Priority Setting)
- Relating Skills (3. Approachability)
- Making Complex Decisions (17. Decision Quality, 30. Intellectual Horsepower, 32. Learning on the Fly, 51. Problem Solving)
- Understanding the Business (24. Functional/Technical Skills, 61. Technical Learning)
- Getting Organized (39. Organizing)
5. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Completion of Tier 1 of LFHI meat and seafood training, or ability to complete.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people and complete tasks promptly and accurately
- Prioritization skills
- Product knowledge
- Comply with USDA, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory agencies
- Ability to work closely with internal and external customers