- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Weights, trays, wraps and prices poultry, meat and fish products.
- Ensure proper merchandising of product, proper signing, proper inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of department.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, scales, wrapping machine, cutting room, and retail cases according to company policy and food safety standards.
- Prevent shrink and control expenses by following the proper weighing, labeling, code dating and handling of reworked and reduced-to-clear items.
- Assist with the receiving and breaking down of trucks/loads. Organize and rotate product in cooler, organize storage areas and refrigerates products immediately. Check for quality and quantity.
- May occasionally work in the butcher block.
- Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follow dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follow management guidelines in respect to filling and maintaining fresh meat counter.
- Perform any other duties as requested or required by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the meat cutter duties, including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, squatting, climbing and walking
- Must be able to operate related equipment including: scales, wrapping machine, meat slicers, meat cubers, meat scrapers and hand trucks and keep accurate records.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. to a 4 foot height and push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes)
- Hands are frequently exposed to 30F while handling product in the display cases.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to hand tools, equipment, and work aides necessary to perform job duties.
- Requires knowledge of product variety and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact