Sunrise ShopRite of Parsippany, NJ is currently seeking associates to join our Meat Department. We are seeking PART TIME "Meat Wrappers" with strong customer service skills, packaging and scaling all within a busy retail environment!
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- ·Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- ·Ability to perform basic math.
- ·Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 80-90 lbs.
- ·Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and demonstrate safe work habits.
- ·Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- ·Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- ·Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- ·Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- ·Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- ·Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- ·Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- ·Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- ·Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain sanitation control according to Company policy.
- Stock merchandise and display cases.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of product carried in the department. (will train)
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage boxes maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.
- Accurately complete required reports including the daily sales report, inventory counts, receiving log, and audit forms.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Meat Department that weights 35 lbs. and that occasionally weights 80-90 lbs
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Meat operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Meat Department operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow weights and measures guidelines.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Fills in meat cases when required.
- Removes trash to designated area.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please be sure to go to ShopRite.com and have an application filled out for the Parsippany ShopRite (07054) directly through the ShopRite.com website. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!