This position should be a person who has the total knowledge of most repairs overhead and maintenance of equipment. This person is capable of working alone and with little or no supervision.
- Performs PM Inspections.
- Performs Post Trip Inspections.
- Repairs and replaces tires, clutches and brakes.
- Performs complete engine overhaul.
- Completes differential, transmission and driveline overhead.
- Repair and replacement of any bolt on item.
- Complete inspection and repair of all special equipment.
- Major electrical repair.
- Performs mentorship/training to lower level mechanics.
- May be required to work temporarily at field locations maintaining/repairing equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to determine how to weld/repair equipment in the most effective manner.
- Must determine safest method of performing job. Must be able to work in reflected heat of welding equipment
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- 2 Years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
- High school education acceptable.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools for general equipment repair.
- Equipment systems experience a plus.
- Must have effective oral and written communications effective listening skills, and ability to interact with others.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication ideal.
- 4-5 years of diesel shop experience acceptable.
- 5 or more years of diesel shop experience preferred.