Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description
Rate of Pay: $19.60 an hour
- Troubleshoot and repair of equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform equipment repairs and overhauls consistent with skill level and assist other mechanics as needed
- Ensure equipment is operating in a safe, reliable and optimal manner
- Must be able and willing to learn any equipment or task and progress to higher maintenance levels
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years in industrial maintenance
- Must have all the qualifications and meet the requirements of the Mechanic B
- Must possess all the abilities of a Mechanic B in addition to being familiar with all principles of welding.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English, perform basic math functions and comprehend equipment manuals and instructions
- Must be able to construct and repair line equipment
- Must be able to do minor repairs requiring welding
- Must be able to fabricate according to lay out instructions
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be experienced in arc, mig, tig and plasma cutting of stainless steel and aluminum
- Must be familiar with all types of pumps (hydraulic, vacuum, water, etc.).
- Must have ability to weld and cut using oxygen and acetylene torches
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical principals and be familiar with single and 3 phase controls and electric motors
- Must have knowledge of production equipment, including pre-check, set-up and adjust line speeds.
- Must have the ability to understand gears, gear ratios and speed changes.
- Must know general safety procedures and regulations
- Must know how to read and understand MSDS sheets
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to move and work off ladders safely and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to push, pull, bend and crouch
- Must be able to work on wet concrete floors, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to pass the Industrial Maintenance Test
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or times dictated by production requirements/needs
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.