Mechanic A-WIC04302 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
This Full time position is located in Wichita Kansas, however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The purpose of this position is to maintain optimum functionality and reliability for all plant equipment. Maintenance Craftsperson is responsible for maintenance and reliability in the most efficient and workman like manner. Performs jobs such as inspections, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and repairs. Interacts on a regular basis with management, peer maintenance and facility personnel along with contractors/vendors.
- Investigates and solve maintenance issues (such as lubrication, welding, plant troubleshooting, repair of equipment, proper use of fasteners, gaskets, bushings, and tools), and provide solutions to problems.
- Provides support in troubleshooting equipment to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Repairs equipment as necessary.
- Inputs work order information/updates in computer system (I. E. SAP).
- Performs pre-job hazard analysis type worksheet(s) and turn in to direct supervisor.
- Participates in Cause Mapping analysis.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance skill level improvement training and apply what they have learned.
- Performs all requested tasks professionally and in a reasonable time frame.
- Is flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Communicates/Shares the status of all maintenance activities and projects with peers and management as necessary.
- Works extended shifts to support the facility which may require coming in early, before normal shift and staying over later than normal shift.
- Takes call-ins to make repairs on nights, weekends or holidays.
- Reads and interprets work orders, job plans, drawings, technical, specification and equipment/manufacturer manuals.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as team with all involved.
- Understands and adheres to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety.
- Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Assist other Crush and other plant personnel as needed and will perform any other duty as requested by management.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Forklift certified.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- At least 1 year of experience in production related work.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.