Sign-on bonus may be considered for this position.
Summary: Responsible for overall maintenance of compressors, pumps, fans, and all mechanical equipment within designated area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs daily and routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment.
• Assists during overhaul of compressors, engines, and pumps.
• Keeps accurate and up to date records of all maintenance performed on equipment.
• Assures equipment is in good running order at all times to stay in compliance with DEQ requirements.
• Reports any equipment that is not in compliance to Supervisor and/or Superintendent.
• Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment.
• Maintains, adjusts, makes minor repairs to, and operates equipment.
• Helps develop a preventative maintenance program to identify potential failures before they occur.
• Minimizes maintenance costs on equipment while maximizing run time and throughput.
• Completes appropriate documentation and paperwork for all maintenance activities performed.
• Reports all excessive downtime to appropriate people.
• Responds to after hour callouts and responds in a timely manner.
• Helps out in other areas of the business as needed.
• Maintains company vehicle appropriately.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Experience analyzing, adjusting, and making minor repairs on gas compressor engines, plant, and associated equipment.
• General knowledge of compressor stations, gathering system, and processing plant operations.
• Working knowledge of mechanical equipment.
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure systems.
• Follows company policies, practices, and regulatory requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid state operating license and driving record meeting company insurability standards.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
• Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
• Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
• Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 150 foot pounds of torque.
• Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads.
• Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
• Candidates may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements,
• Subject to overtime and call-outs.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment.
• Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
• May be subject to work in hazardous conditions including hydrocarbon vapor, adverse weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
•Wears safety equipment as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.