Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
The Fleet Maintenance Technician III will perform Pennsylvania State Inspections, services, repairs and general maintenance of city fleet vehicles and equipment.
* Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles and equipment, such as replacing bearing, axle seals, brake master cylinders, resurfacing brake drums and rotors
* Dissembling components and inspects parts for wear
* Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
* Overhauls gasoline and diesel engines
* Repair and maintains hydraulic systems
* Performs routine vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance inspections
* Check/replace fluids, check lights and other electrical system components
* Replace exhaust components
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5 years of automotive and diesel repair experience
* Must possess valid Pennsylvania Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A)
* Must possess valid Pennsylvania Class 1 State Inspection License; must be able to obtain Class 7 within 6 months of hire
* The following 9 ASE Certifications preferred; must be able to obtain within 18 months of hire: Engine Repair (Automobile Tests), Manual Drive Train and Axles (Automobile Tests), Suspension and Steering (Automobile Tests), Brakes (Automobile Tests), Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (General Service Test), Drive Train (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Brakes (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Suspension and Steering (Medium/Heavy Trucks) and Preventative Maintenance and Inspections (Medium/Heavy Trucks)
* Vocational and/or technical training
* Must have own tools and tool box
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite
* Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
* Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Work is typically based in a busy office/service center environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled