Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in company shops or on public roadways as necessary. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
- Diagnose electrical problems and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready-mix concrete trucks, and heavy construction equipment
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
- Perform routine brake inspections/ adjustments on commercial vehicles following Federal DOT requirements
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems, electronics, and other components of a concrete mixer trucks
- Removes components for repair or replacement such as, but not limited to: injectors, starters, water pumps, radiators, brakes, etc.
- Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
- Coordinate with location supervisor and review Pre-Trip truck inspections to prioritize work accordingly
- Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program
- Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
- Order parts from approved vendors and drive company pick up/repair truck to pick up parts when needed
- Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
- May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Mechanical experience
- Must have own tools up to 1 ¼
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- High school diploma, preferred
- Bilingual is a plus
- Mechanical Experience
- High School diploma, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have own tools up to 1 ¼”
- Bilingual a plus
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at locations
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree, and/or pulling of controls
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally
- Exerting 25 – 50 pounds of force frequently
- Exerting 10 – 20 pounds of force continually
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix