Motivated individual with extensive mechanical knowledge and abilities to prioritize and accomplish tasks on time and within a budget. This position will assure a safe and productive fleet of equipment and vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to stand for more than 8 hours.
- Ability to reach, grab, twist and bend constantly.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. (not constant).
- Ability to work as an individual or as a team member, at a steady pace.
- Maintain and repair all in-house vehicles and equipment for which you were hired for: tow motors, skid loaders, front and rear load packer trucks, roll off trucks, containers, tractors and trailers.
- To maintain and repair the equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly maintenance shop.
- Complete all appropriate paperwork in a timely and legible manner.
- Maintain all vehicles to above D.O.T. standards to assure safe operations.
- Work closely with the fleet maintenance supervisor to set maintenance and repair priorities in coordination with working route hours.
- Working with drivers and equipment operators to assess situations and respond in a positive and consistent manner
- Will be expected to adhere to our company's values and standards.
- Knowledge of computers and diagnostic equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Are responsible to bring in your own basic tool set.
For Diesel Mechanic: Must have some diesel experience and knowledge of electrical and hydraulics.
For Diesel & Truck Mechanic: Must be able to work overtime or Saturday, if truck breaks down and needs immediate attention.
Job Impact :
All equipment needs to run well in order for facility tasks to be completed effectively. When the equipment is not performing correctly it will lead to breakdowns, and slower production. In addition, if DOT regulations are not followed, there can be costly fines, as well as danger to those driving the equipment and others on the roadway.
General Conduct, Behavior and Performance
- Exhibit good attendance habits. Strive to be at work every scheduled work day unless prevented from doing so for viable reasons of health. If a health condition creates an unavoidable absence preventing an employee from coming to work for the day, the employee is required to call in to report the illness and absence, before the start of their shift.
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid late starts and tardiness. Strive to be at work as scheduled, at the proper work station every. Return from breaks and lunches in a timely manner. In the instance of an unavoidable tardy/late start, the employee is required to either previously obtain permission for the tardy/late start, or call in to report the tardy/late start to the H/R office.
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid early departures. Strive to be present and productive until the scheduled shift end of each work day. If an early quit is required and unavoidable, the employee is required to notify and obtain permission for that early quit.
- Exhibit good work habits such as: productivity, efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness in the job functions. Strive to work at a reasonable pace, stay busy, remain at the assigned work station and job function, and be useful and productive with paid time.
- Exhibit good work habits by being a great team member; work well with coworkers, be considerate of co-workers, avoid arguments and confrontations, avoid non-productive or destructive behavior, work well with your supervisor, and constructively taking instructions and carrying out assignments given by your supervisor or a member of management.
- Suggest new/alternate methods, ideas, and solutions to contribute to greater efficiency and improved results. You opinion matters!
- You will be expected to adhere to our company's values and standards, by always being honest and behaving with integrity.