Job Title: Mechanic
Reports To: Fleet Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Ability to provide routine and specialized repairs on varying types of construction vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose and correct vehicle and equipment malfunctions.
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to handle and use a variety of tools and small equipment (example: forklift, drill press, bandsaw, crane, welding torch).
- Must ensure the use of personal safety equipment i.e. safety glasses, face shields, gloves and hard hats
- Ability to pull, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Must be able to move about in an around construction vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to crawl over and under construction vehicles and equipment.
- Flexibility of working long hours and the ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Maintain a clean work area and pick up all tools and equipment to secure the work area each day
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment. Must possess reading skills sufficient enough to understand and comprehend all repair and parts manuals as well as safety specifications. Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Ability to perform physically demanding work which includes lifting, carrying, crouching and crawling. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
High School or equiv. pref
High School or equiv. pref.
High School or equiv.