Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the mechanic is responsible for all maintenance and repair of mobile equipment.
- Examines and diagnoses problems, and repairs according to generally accepted methods. Discusses extensive or difficult in depth repairs with Supervisor. Performs routine scheduled maintenance as outlined on PM checklist sheets. Plans all routine work procedures.
- Disassembles components, inspects parts for wear, and determines cause of failure. Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems, and components. Recommends parts for repair. Perform post repair test drives. Possess mechanical as well as basic electrical skills.
- Inspects and replaces parts such as hydraulic pumps/hoses, pins/bushings, GET, alternators, batteries, etc., Overhauls or rebuilds serviceable components. Able to perform some welding/cutting. Must own tools, sockets up to ¾” drive, wrenches up 2 ½”, hammers, pry bars, etc. Ability to use necessary tools.
- Will perform clean-up and/or direct his/her crew in the clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds. Safety equipment means clothing and apparatus including, but not limited to hardhat, safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, back support belts, gloves and respirators. Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year Technical school
- Minimun 2 years experience in a similar industry
- Able to understand, interpret, and execute with exactness, instructions given in both verbal and written form
- Able to recognize potentially hazardous situations, understanding instructions given by supervisor, possess common sense
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Ability to work all hours and shifts including OT, weekends and holidays
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland