Position Overview: Maintain safe, reliable and efficient fleet of various makes and models of semis and trailers and equipment for use in the field
Reports to: Shop Foreman
- Diagnose various electrical issues on many makes and models of semis and trailers and light/ heavy equipment
- Repair and replace tires, hubs, bearings, maintenence, cutting edges, etc,
- Adjust and replace brakes, hyd/air lines and hoses
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of diesel motors in various models of semis/equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and wiring
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot various issues
- Knowledge of semi brake systems
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-100 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
- May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
- Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in a shop environment; however a portion is performed in all weather conditions outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools, moving machinery, chemical substances and loud noises
- This is a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee’s ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company’s reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment