1. Possess and maintain a Texas CDL minimum Class B with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements with acceptable driving record as measured by the School Bus Driver's Record Evaluation Criteria.
2. Must have at least one year of previous experience in vehicle maintenance field.
3. Certified Texas vehicle safety inspector (preferred).
4. Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language.
5. Ability to diagnose minor mechanical problems and perform repairs with supervision.
6. Ability to operated equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair.
7. Ability to lift heavy equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair.
8. Ability to pass alcohol and drug test and annual physical exam.
9. Ability to pass required bus driver safety training and ability to operate bus.
10.Ability to understand and execute verbal and written orders.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2020-2021
1. Perform minor repairs, preventive maintenance, and inspections on all District vehicles in a timely and efficient manner under supervision of a mechanic.
2. Analyze and make limited diagnoses regarding necessary repairs.
3. Assist mechanics with maintenance and repair of vehicles.
4. Assist mechanics with operating all machinery, tools and equipment as needed.
5. Install seat belts, car seats and safety vests.
6. Perform state safety inspections and maintain state inspection report book.
7. Assist in maintaining accurate, updated records of time and materials required to perform repairs, service and preventive maintenance.
8. Operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
9. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
10.Keep shop, equipment, and tools clean and in safe and efficient operating condition.
11.Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
12.Operate buses and other vehicles as needed.
13.Respond to emergency road calls from drivers and tow vehicle if necessary.
14.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
Fernando Zambrano, Assistant Director
Human Resources – Transportation Dept.
Phone: 713-MY-CFBUS (713-692-3287)
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications taken year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for this position as it becomes available
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.