Do you like working on vehicles?
Join Transdev at Lansing and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America -- one that cares about it's employees, passengers, and the communities they serve.
Come work with our excellent maintenance team!
Why Work with Us?
- Wages starting at $16.00
- We offer flexible shifts
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life
- Career advancement opportunities
- Increase opportunities for ASE certifications
- A Mechanic performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Conducts tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Installs equipment, engines, hoses, batteries, tires, wheels/brakes, HVAC, wiring, etc., or programs to meet specifications.
- Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
- Service, repairs, adjusts, and tests machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Inspects equipment, structures, etc., of materials to identify the cause of errors, other problems, or defects.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive, and efficient work area
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a chauffuers license
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into Maintenance Management system
- Interest in the maintenance of vehicles
- Dependable individual
- Ability to pass a DOT examination, background screening, drug test, and motor vehicle record
- Ability to obtain a CDL license within 90 days
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.