Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates for our Maintenance Department.
Need is for a Maintenance Mechanic (All Classes), for immediate work in Norfolk, VA.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience.
- Repair work includes the repairing, overhauling or rebuilding systems of the following: diesel and gasoline engines, other types of internal combustion engines, automatic and non-automatic transmissions, heavy duty line systems, hydraulic utility systems and controls
- Overhaul and repair combustions powered heavy duty vehicles and heavy mobile equipment such as cranes and forklifts
- Trace and locate defects and causes of mechanical problems using a wide range of diagnostic and test equipment
- Determine the type and extent of necessary repairs
- Install, repair, maintain, test, and adjust fixed and semi-fixed industrial equipment and machinery such as cranes, pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machinery
- Plan and lay-outs work form blueprints, diagrams, operational manuals, manufacturer's specifications, work orders, and other specifications
- Determine nature of repair and examines parts to detect imperfections with the use of rulers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Operation of equipment, preventative maintenance, diagnostic and repair work, and overhaul of minor and major building/utility systems and components
- Able to perform repairs and PM's on various equipment, cranes, forklifts, trucks, and vehicles
- Fit and install to appropriate tolerances such parts as pistons, valves, bearings, gears, and cylinders
- Make changes and modifications in accordance with specifications and guidelines
- Connects, meshes, aligns, and adjusts system elements to assure proper operation of the complete system or vehicle
- Field repairs as necessary
- Disassemble equipment using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Make repairs by replacing, reworking, or refinishing worn or damaged parts
- Reassemble equipment and test performance
- Performance preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment at all levels
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Board ships via stairs, ladders, and gangways with tool bags and needed equipment
- Control cost in assigned area of responsibility
- Adjust functional parts of equipment and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Must be able to follow all safety requirements along with knowledge of safe rigging practices. Must be able to work easily and skillfully with hands, climb and work at heights, work in confined spaces and around water, stand for long periods of time, stoop, knee, crouch, and crawl to reach work areas.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes, and when necessary, respirator
- Other duties may be assigned as workload dictates
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working on hydraulic system engine repairs (gas & diesel) and electrical systems (12 and 24 volt).
- Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to operate equipment for repair purpose including cranes, forklifts, air compressors, and trucks/vehicles.
- Understand and act upon instruction
- Ability to apply basic math, reading and communication skills
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Legal Services
- Annual performance evaluations and service pay increases
- On-site Human Resources
- On-site gym
- Free and close proximity parking
- Associate perks/gifts
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.