Under the supervision of the station manager, duty manager, or lead mechanic, GSE Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on ground support equipment and stationary equipment such as tugs, vehicles, loading bridges, stationary air conditioning units, baggage conveyor systems, ground power units, water cabinets and other equipment in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance such as oil changes, replacing/adding coolant and fluids, brake and tire changes, etc. on ground equipment.
- Inspects, services, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and overhauls ground support equipment and components such as chassis, body and drive-train components.
- Inspects, services, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and overhauls stationary equipment and components such as baggage handling/conveyor systems, passenger loading bridges, 400 Hz ground power and pre-condition air systems.
- Inspects, repairs bodywork, and performs other technical work as required on all ground support equipment.
- Coordinates repairs with other GSE Mechanics and outside vendors.
- Determines tooling and parts needed for stationary and ground support equipment.
- Responds to customers’ needs in a timely and keeps customer abreast of equipment status.
- Ensures tools and equipment are maintained in an effective, safe working condition.
- Keeps work area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.