Job ID: 208699
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
You will be a part of a dynamic team responsible for every mechanical system in a heavy industrial environment at Ash Grove Cement’s Seattle plant. From major mill overhauls to conveying equipment of all kinds this position has it all. We perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, perform new installations, and provide support for a multitude of other plant needs. The majority of work is completed as a part of a team. However, there are plenty of opportunities to work solo on certain projects. Each member of the team is expected to become proficient in every skill set required for our normal job duties. On the job training is provided for all duties. You will need a willingness to learn and a positive attitude is required. There will be times of required overtime and on occasion a change of work schedule. We have a rotating callout schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs rebuilds, repairs, removal and install on the following but not limited to: gear boxes, pneumatic cylinders, air slides, valves, compressors, screw conveyers, hydraulic equipment, raw mill, finish mill, kiln, etc.
- Performs welding, fabrication, layout, pipe fitting and plumbing.
- Installation & alignment of critical equipment for reliable operation.
- Documentation and paperwork regarding repairs and follow up on equipment deficiencies to be entered into CMS.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.
ISO 14001 TRAINING PLAN - The Mechanical Specialist must become familiar with and participate in initial and annual training for ISO 14001 requirements.
MSHA Policies (Mine Safety & Health Administration) - Mechanical Specialist must become familiar with MSHA part 46 safety and training policies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Knowledge of mechanical procedures and techniques, including (but not limited to) rigging, machinery alignment, bearing and seal replacement, lubrication, and reconditioning of parts for overhaul or preventative maintenance purposes
- Skilled in welding and fabrication.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and diagrams for mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform arithmetic which may include algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructional and maintenance manuals
- Communication and problem solving skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Associates degree, or equivalent, in technical area of mechanical repair & maintenance
- Two years maintenance/mechanical work experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance machine shop and millwright procedures and techniques
- Experience in a similarly configured cement production facility
- Documented training in relevant equipment, a partial list includes: Pneumatic pumps, compressors, gearboxes, machinery installation &/or alignment, proper rigging techniques, etc
- Experience with various mobile equipment. Operation of: man lifts, forklifts, cranes, skid steers, etc
- Work requires walking, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 175 feet
- Job hazards include frequent exposure to dust, noise, extreme heat, cold, and all weather conditions
- This position is available on 5 different shifts including days, nights, and weekends.
- Mon-Thurs: 5am to 3:30pm
- Tues-Fri: 5am to 3:30pm
- Fri-Mon: 6am to 6pm
- Mon-Thurs: 6pm to 6am
- Fri-Mon: 6pm to 6am
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.