Maybe it's our bright outlook on life. Or, maybe it's the happiness found in our many products. Whatever it is, Sunkist puts a fresh twist on all of its career offerings.
Join our team and discover a freshly-squeezed, refreshing career.
The job of the Mechanical Assembler B was established for the purpose/s of assembling parts for citrus equipment including large and sub-assemblies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Assists in manufactures parts from blueprints and layouts.
- Assists in assembly of sub-assemblies as needed for large equipment.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products.
- Inspects and tests parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Maintains all shop equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Cross trains with other departments as necessary.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Maintains accurate records and time keeping on job travelers.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Accomplishes department goals and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Maintains a neat work area and works in a safe and clean manner.
- Maintains professional conduct at all times.
- Attends meetings as requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High School Diploma. GED or vocational school equivalent.
- One year experience in a manufacturing environment using basic tools such as a drill press, saws and hand tools.
- Must be able to use and read precision measuring tools.
- Must have basic understanding of assembling pneumatic and mechanical assemblies.
- Must be able to read, learn and interpret blueprints and work instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be willing to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques.
| || |
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (List not all inclusive)
Measurements: 67-100% of time = Continuously, 45-66% of time = Frequently, 66% of time = Occasionally
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions consistent with Sunkist standards, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Sunkist standard, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must stand and walk for prolonged periods of time while performing duties.
- Must have full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle and feel objects such as equipment. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed.
- Moderate Carrying – must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand; walk short distances; pull and/or push; grasp; reach; bend.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to focus.
- Sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS POSITION
- Basic hand tools – ratchets, wrenches, screw drivers.
- Power tools – drills, saws, drill press.
Must have the ability to:
- Understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Organize and prioritize own work.
- Work individually and in a team for the purpose of collaborating and completing projects.
Understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Works in a manufacturing workshop environment with a great deal of moving equipment, loud noise, distractions and temperature extremes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Must work Monday – Friday in the shop. A regular telework schedule will not be considered.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between Sunkist and its employees.
Well now that all the boring stuff HR makes us put in the job description is out of the way, what is this job really about? We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and a commitment to excellence. At Sunkist, we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information, generating ideas and creative solutions, working in teams and developing people to add value.
Behind our history of innovation and commitment to market leadership is a company devoted to providing continued education, excellent benefits and good working conditions. We provide all the resources you need to support your professional development, including:
- A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
- 401K retirement savings plan, Match+
- Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits
- Internal and external training
- Generous educational assistance
- An open job posting system
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
For more information about Sunkist, please visit our Employment page at:https://www.sunkist.com/careers/