In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the assembly of mechanical components of automation equipment per supplied mechanical drawings and the assembly of pneumatic components.
- Assemble units according to required specifications.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
- Assemble mechanical components per supplied mechanical drawings.
- Identify mechanical/pneumatic problems and implement solutions.
- Install mechanical portion of product.
- Assemble pneumatic components per pneumatic diagrams.
- Provide other technicians, engineers and project managers’ feedback regarding mechanical design, quality, and/or schedule issues.
- May also perform mechanical testing, debugging, and subassembly installation.
- Ensure quality, look for faulty components during the assembly process.
- Assist in preparation of equipment to be crated.
- Inspect incoming manufactured parts for quality and conformance to print.
- Assist Controls and Electrical Technicians with mounting of electrical components.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of pneumatic control.
- Excellent documentation ability.
- Basic knowledge of machine shop practice.
- Interpret blueprints and make accurate modifications and sketches.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Follow and perform mechanical assembly from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, and hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in Wilsonville, Oregon M-F and able to work occasional overtime.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/or equivalent is required for this position.
- Two or more years experience as a mechanical assembly technician.
- Recent high tech mechanical assembly experience.
- One to two years of machining experience is strongly desired.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.