Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Gregor Technologies
Location: Torrington, CT
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Metals USA -- Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Gregor Technologies specializes in contract manufacturing for various commercial, defense and scientific OEMs.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible to assemble and fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Reads, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills or materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
* Utilizes hand held tools such as a hand held screw and drill gun.
* Assembles parts using automatic wire cutter, crimping machine or grinding machines.
* Assembles motor, pumps or compressors using press, fixtures, pneumatic guns or hand tools.
* Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipates needed supplies; places and expedites orders for supplies and verifies receipt of supplies.
* Performs end-of-line tests using computer-based equipment.
* Performs spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
* Completes and documents production and quality paperwork; follows shop system data collection procedures and follow inspection procedures on a daily basis
* Works closely with engineers to develop or enhance process plans.
* Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner, including the return of tools to designated areas.
* Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or personal injuries.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of a mechanical assembler effectively.
* Adheres to all company and customer confidentially requirements.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Valid OSHA Forklift certification
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
* Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
* Regularly performs repetitive tasks
* Physical dexterity to put parts together
* Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Steel-toed boots
* Hard hats with chin strap; chin strap must be worn while on elevated surfaces
* Protective eyewear
* Hand protection
* Arm guards/sleeves
* Visual Acuity requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Working inside of the warehouse
* Moderate to loud noise levels
* Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
* Day and night shifts
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 3-5 years of mechanical assembly required.
* Wire Harness Installation
* Must have mechanical aptitude and math skills
* Ability to comprehend oral and written communication
* Ability to articulate with concise thoughts
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and documents, blueprints.
* Ability to read measuring instrument such as a measuring tape, micrometer, caliper and gauges
* Must be organized with an attention to detail
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism
* Computer Literacy: Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled