Why Join Altec?
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Our Mechanical Assembly Technician/Paint Prep Technician will assist in the production and preparation of vehicle components for Final Assembly.
Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
- Sorts and counts parts and materials.
- Loads, moves, or carries parts, materials to work area.
- Loads and unloads racks skids, dollies, conveyors and floats.
- Grinds, trims, buffs, sands, and de-burrs sheet metal parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Use hand tools such as tape measure and specialty equipment.
- Install unit vehicle components and accessories.
- Testing of installed components.
- Assists in feeding, loading, or removing sheet metal from machines.
- May feed, load, and process sheet metal parts on selected machines.
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, desired.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.