Title: Mechanical Assembler Technician
City: San Jose
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: JPC-2851
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Mechanical Assembler Technician to work on-site with our client, a cutting-edge clean energy company in San Jose, CA.
This is a long term at will contract position, with potential for direct hire, that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
This is a flexible time work schedule, 12 hour shifts with 3:4 / 4:3 days, overtime after 8 hours - Day & Night shifts.
An Assembly Technician / Operator will be responsible for manual component assembly, screen printing, furnace operation, preparing kits for assembly, Automated Tool Operator and quality inspection of on-site power generation systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and manual assembly.
- Loading/unloading stacks and totes.
- Perform quality inspection on stack ID, cell, and IC.
- Use designated inspection equipment to test and identify defect.
- Perform minimal tool preventive maintenance.
- Assist in assembly of prototype equipment.
- Assist in development of manufacturing procedures to create the most efficient processes.
Education & Experience:
- 1 year experience with Automated Equipment preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience in a high capacity manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft office skills/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use small hand and power tools, previous experience with p.c. based testing equipment is preferred.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills required.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination is needed.
- Must be able to lift 35-45 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Must be flexible with changing shift or work schedule.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
- Able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Manufacturing Assembly Engineer