Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
- Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and over 15 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment
- Inspector with 10 year experience in structural or welding or rotational equipment, Valid certifications with CWI, CGSB, API or NDE. Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc). ISO9001 Lead Auditor Certification and Registration – see below job description for your reference and use as needed
- Reinforce COMPANY HSSE requirements to the colleagues / Suppliers / Contractors
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
- Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification
- Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer’s recommendations / specifications and has a certification
- Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier’s recommendation and the approved preservation procedures
- Verify Human Factor Engineering (HFE) requirement (accessibility of valve, field run piping) against specification
- Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiencies
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures
- Comply with Company HSSE standards and Shell life saving rules
- Witness and monitor suppliers / contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures etc
- Assist in the review of Supplier’s/Contractor’s Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work
- Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) LOTO (lock-out and tag-out) and other safety procedures
- Conduct quality surveillance at suppliers / contactors to promote Company’s quality culture
- Input result of inspection / observations into the web-based inspection recording system in timely manner
- Regularly assessing quality risks associated with engineering, procurement, fabrication, inspection and testing of electrical equipment and report any concerns
- Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings
- Interface with the discipline engineer, construction engineer, and inspectors in a professional manner
- Support the Company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills
- Confirm that work has been executed by Supplier / Contractor by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents
- Monitor NDE and PWHT process
- Attend Mechanical Completion / Pre-commissioning final walk-down and sign on behalf of Client
- Provide resolution of on-going quality issue in consultation with discipline engineer.
- Obtained CWI, CGSB, API or NDE certificate. (when it is required by code or regulation, obtain the certificate is mandatory)
- Have competency in the use and assessment of Safety Management System and procedures
- Familiar with Shell DEP specifications
- Familiar with the Flawless Project Delivery and Flawless Surveillance Program
- Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, VIIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc)
- Able to develop, review and approve Supplier’s/Contractor’s ITPs and Quality Procedures
- Have ISO9001 Lead Auditor Certification and Registration
- Have extensive knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate / perform / participate Quality Audit
- Able to provide oversight, mentorship and supervision of the inspectors
- Able to understand the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
- Able to understand and interpret the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
- Able to interface with other disciplines at the various stages
- Able to identify MATERIALS that are sub-standard and that do not meet the requirements of the job specification (rogue and counterfeit items).
- Familiar with Shell's HFE requirement (Maintenance, Valve, Field Run etc.)
- Able to review and interpret quality records and determine associated compliance with requirements (Performance data, test record, inspection record, MTR and other quality data and documents)
- Familiar with regulatory requirement (DOT, USCG, NMA, CSA, and etc) and preferably having knowledge and experience with British Colombia Oil and Gas and Safety Regulations
- Have knowledge of calibration of equipment and measuring requirements
- Familiar with Equipment Preservation Requirements and its position in the integrated preservation process.
- This includes preservation and safe shipment of products/ materials. Familiar with Shell requirements for heavy lifting, road transportation and dropped objects
- Have knowledge of the basics for planning and scheduling
- Have knowledge of basic troubleshooting
- Have knowledge and experience with gauge control, calibration and gauging requirements and techniques
- Able to review and understand planning techniques such as material control, shop order routings, process control plans, rework and refurbishing techniques and processes
- Able to review and interpret technical requirements in contracts/purchase orders
- Able to understand identification and traceability related to equipment /products /materials /samples and the associated documents/records relating to conformance /non-conformance, results from manufacturing processes and results from monitoring /measurement processes
- Able to review and interpret WPS, PQR, Welder Qualification including welding / qualification variables (essentials, nonessentials and supplementary) includes brazing
- Have knowledge of materials testing of welds and joints (Chemical and Mechanical)
- Knowledge of dissimilar welds
- Have knowledge of NDT techniques (RT, UT, MT, PT, PMI, FT and etc) including evaluation methods
- Have knowledge of Pre-Heating, PWHT and Hardness measurement.
- Have knowledge of base metal, especially, exotic material.
- Able to review weld map, NDE report, PWHT report etc. and its tracking mechanism
- Have knowledge of welding consumable and its storage and handling requirements
- Able to record in-process welding parameters and interpret
- Able to review welder and NDE operator qualification
- Able to interpret RT Film
- Have an understanding of the welding and joining techniques (e.g. TIG, laser, SAW, ERW, sintering, brazing, etc.)
- Knowledge of cladding and associated inspection processes (HIP, welded, mechanical bonded and have nowledge of system cleanliness requirement and cleanliness techniques. (Water flushing, oil flushing, chemical cleaning, steam blowing, pigging and etc).
- Familiar with machining, machinist practices & interpretation of dimensional data. This includes QA confirmation on critical instruments used in the fabrication of RE components (Balance machine, measuring devices, calibration of critical instruments, calibration of critical NDE Instruments, etc.)
- Familiar with equipment assembly and disassembly techniques (rotor assembly, stationary part assembly, clearances and tolerance acceptance requirements, etc
- Familiar with Equipment Installation Practices. (Specifically, this means knowledge of API Recommended Practice RP686.)
- Understanding of condition monitoring techniques (vibration diagnostics, temperature monitoring, etc) which could be used on the test stand during FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) and/or SAT (String Acceptance Testing)
- Familiar with Metallurgical and Non-Metallic Material and testing requirements
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.