Serpa Packaging Solutions is a privately-owned original equipment manufacturer and integrator of custom, high-quality packaging systems for a variety of applications and markets worldwide. We provide complete and original automated packaging equipment, coupled with installation assistance, service, and support capabilities that consistently offer our customers complete and reliable solutions. Serpa Packaging Solutions was founded in 1985 by Fernando Serpa, still current owner and President who continues to emphasize a strong company focus on customer service to both customers and employees due to his Service background. It is through this philosophy that we have succeeded in achieving a dynamic and global customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers from the pharmaceutical, personal care, cosmetic, nutraceutical, medical device, and food industries.
Serpa Packaging Solutions has been in the packaging industry for over 30 years. Our line of products include high-quality cartoners, case packers, tray packers, and robotic palletizers. Based in the San Joaquin Valley, we are a focused and developing company that continues to invest in research for the development of new patented products, such as our High Speed Automated Insert Feeding System. Serpa Packaging Solutions is also proactive in continuing to offer our customers the most advanced technology available in the industry, which includes our integration of FANUC Robotics since 2008 and rapid changeover technology since our inception.
It is our commitment to service, quality, and innovation that has allowed us to succeed and continue to grow. And as a privately-owned company, we are not only passionate about our products and our customers, but also our community and employees who truly make our company a success!
- Competitive pay + health insurance packages (medical, dental, vision, and life).
- Long-term investment options via 401K with company price matching.
- Comprehensive paid time off benefits (includes vacation time, sick time, company holidays, and birthdays).
- Specialized training and experience working alongsideindustry leaders at a 30+ year manufacturer of high-quality automation systems that integrate state-of-the-art technology, including FANUC robotics.
- Exceptionally affordable Housing + overall Cost Of Living (COL) near company facility in Visalia. San Francisco Housing costs are 450.2% greater thanVisalia.
- Gateway access to nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon).
- Team Serpa Events company social events held throughout the year, which include employee luncheons, holiday celebrations, team building, and more.
- Invitation to Serpa Gives Back our organizations yearly charity program where our employees proudly and collectively continue to support over 12 non-profit organizations.
- Access to Serpa News our company newsletter on everything fun and new at Serpa.
Serpa Packaging Solutions is seeking a skilled Mechanical Technician to join the team! As the Electrical-Mechanical (Debug) Technician, you will take lead in assembling, testing and debugging company equipment and components during the project debugging and assembly phase. You will also support company quality and standard initiatives to ensure that company equipment is prepared according to company standards and customer specifications.
This is an opportunity for a skilled and dedicated Mechanical Technician to become a part of a growing, world-class company of high-end capital packaging equipment from California. If you have enjoy working hands-on with a team, take pride in your Mechanicalprofession and work, and havean insatiableinterestin innovation, state-of-the-art technology, and automation,look no further this opportunity is for you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and perform a sequence of work to install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of custom, automated packaging equipment.
- Move and install new machinery, level and debug.
- Troubleshoot packaging equipment and determine extent of repair necessary, disassemble, replace or repair parts or construct new parts, reassemble, test and adjust.
- Assemble basic parts or units and attach units to assembly, subassembly, or frame, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Perform all machine and bench operations required to construct replacement parts or to recondition worn or defective parts.
- Utilizes working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs (Variable frequency drives), Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), Computers, Electrical Schematics, and Control Circuits.
- Work with blueprints, drawings, layout, written or verbal instructions.
- Learn and support company quality and standards requirements to ensure that company equipment is prepared according to company and customer specifications.
- Report faulty equipment, defective material and unusual conditions to Manager.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Proper setup and careful operation of tools and equipment to prevent damage or loss.
- Proper maintenance to prevent damage or loss.
- High School/GED diploma required. Associates Degree/Certification in a related field desired.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical troubleshooting, preferably of industrial equipment.
- 1+ years of experience in basic electrical. Experience in electrical industrial equipment troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings and schematics. Experience using hand and power tools.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Basic knowledge of PLCs & AC/DC drives desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of electronic controls and packaging machinery desired, but not required.
- Ability to regularly exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and complete work accurately.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform duties readily under own initiative and with others in a team-based environment.
- Ability to follow workplace protocol to ensure a healthy, safe, and organized environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime depending on production schedule.
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped spaces.
- Physical effort that may include the lifting of supplies and materials that weighup to 40 pounds.
The Serpa Legacy
Fernando Serpa, owner and founder of Serpa Packaging Solutions, began his career in the packaging equipment industry in Service. Through his hard work and ambition, Fernando eventually founded Serpa Packaging Solutions in 1985. The company has steadily and organically grown over the years ever since. We have been recognized by Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies four years in a row and we have established ourselves as the industry-leading manufacturer of high-quality, reliable, innovative secondary packaging systems. Fernandos inspiring story of founding and developing the company is a true testament that anything can be accomplished through hard work, faith, and dedication.
With now over 30 years of experience in the packaging industry, Serpa Packaging Solutions is the only U.S. manufacturer able to provide solutions superior to those from European manufacturers. Weremain proactive in offering customers advanced features, design, and technology, which includes integration of FANUC robotics since 2008 and rapid changeover technology since our inception. We are an innovative and growing company that continuously invests in research for the development of new products and services, which includes our patented P320 High Speed Casepacker, P200 Casepacker, P100 Cartoner, Robotic Palletizer, High Speed Automated Insert Feeding System, and our ModPack Semi-Auto Case Packer with Serialization revealed at Pack Expo 2017.
We welcome you to take a further look at our Team Serpa culture and valuesby visiting our Serpa Careers page (www.bit.ly/serpacareers). To see videos of our products running in action, pleasevisit our Serpa YouTube channel (www.bit.ly/serpatechnology) and company page (www.serpapackaging.com).
Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.