Responsible for the design development of new and existing products and processes. Conducts design analysis on components and assemblies through computer aided and traditional analysis to ensure that products are safe, reliable, manufacturable, easy to maintain, and cost effective. Works under close supervision. Apply modern computer aided design techniques to define structural parts and assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define critical geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Create new drawings.
- Create final design layout using CAD 3D modeling software.
- Perform preliminary and detail design of Mechanical Structure for the creation and revision of modification kits and production design changes.
- Lead complex mechanical design assignments where required outcomes are defined.
- Assists manufacturing with interpretation of drawings and manufacturing processes.
- Create revisions to existing drawings.
Scope & Accountabilities
Internal Stakeholders are:
- Tech. Writers, Tech, Illustrators- Technical Publications
- Engineers, Managers, Director- Engineering
- Mechanics, Managers- Hanger
- Pilots and Field Crew- Flight Operations and Field Maintenance
External Stakeholders are:
- Vendor Supplier- On occasion research product supply for project work.
- Work is guided by organizational policies and established strategies. Normally involves regular guidance and periodic review of goals and plans.
Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
- BS Engineering degree, BS Engineering degree with 1-5 years experience.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience using CATIAV5, SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or aerospace design and mechanical drawing practices.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft structure, materials strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and processes (e.g. non destructive testing, corrosion prevention
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]).
- Basic knowledge of structural design principles and practices from requirements generation to production and product support.
Special Position Requirements