Tosoh SMD, Inc. is a global leader in semiconductor materials for the electronics, aeronautics and medical industries. Our superior products help our customers introduce new cutting edge technologies that make consumer lives easier and move us into the future. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and materials laboratory located near Columbus in Grove City, OH manages the entire life cycle of all our products including supply chain development, research and development, manufacturing, testing and distribution.
Our innovative and devoted team of scientist, engineers, metallurgical experts, manufacturers and managers continuously collaborate and strategize to improve and create new materials for a wide range of our customer's semiconductor needs ranging from computer chips to supporting artificial intelligence. As one of over 100 Tosoh Corporation's family of companies our motto is "We Make the Material That Makes Your Devices Work".
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and analyze OEM design proposals, specifications, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, and other requirements of designs or applications for production products.
- Read and interpret OEM blueprints and technical drawings/schematics.
- Provide finished drawings of all finished and sub-component products for internal and external manufacture.
- Utilize NX CAD, AutoCAD, and Inventor software for generating drawings.
- Interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerance applications on OEM products and apply to internally created drawings.
- Create solid models for all finished products and sub components.
- Support CNC and CMM programming with manufacturing models.
- Support CNC programming and R&D tooling design and project drawings.
- Support manufacturing with designing custom guarding and other manufacturing needs on internal improvement projects.
- Other related duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with CAD solid modeling software Siemens NX, Inventor, other software such as Catia, Solid Works, Pro-E and Creo will be considered.
- AutoCAD 2D software.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Computer literacy required.
- Experience in metal casting and/or fabrication processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience with machining processes.
- Knowledge of Coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
- Knowledge of CNC machines and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Tosoh SMD Inc. (Grove City, OH) employees enjoy a lucrative benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, various savings plans, extensive vacation pay, retirement package, competitive salary, bonuses, and an amazing work-life balance.
TSMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Visit us at Tosoh SMD Inc