Our client, located in Irvine, CA, specializes in consumer electronic products that are sold worldwide. Their products ranges from ipads, cellphones, laptops and much more! They believe in working hard and playing hard and create their products to gear towards outdoor enthusiasts. They are looking to hire a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer. If you are someone who loves creating new mechanical concepts in the 3D CAD space we would love to speak with you!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to help us move the company to the next stages of its evolution and growth. As we continue to see high growth, we need a true hands-on experienced Mechanical Engineer who will work closely with suppliers to design new products. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the product development from concept to execution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be the technical point of contact in North America, responsible for first line approval of 3D and 2D models that are created internally as well as received from partners/vendors
- Execute concept development against the Technology Development Roadmap – obtain buy in from up stream (brand/industrial design) and down stream partners (manufacturing) around feasibility
- Design new products using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks)
- Develop multiple robust design proposals to mitigate risk in development
- Propose incremental improvements for existing products in line with Technology Road Map
- Responsible for first line approval on iterative product designs from manufacturing partners
- Clearly communicate design feedback to manufacturing partners via 3D CAD models
- Contribute to development of product packaging solutions
- Assist in product quality standards and issue creation and resolution
- Support the development of product renderings and required marketing materials
- Conduct product testing when applicable and coordinate with external laboratories as needed
- Maintain product documentation as required (2D drawings/3D CAD/feedback/final design)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in a designing high volume consumer products
- Prior experience with plastic injection molding and manufacturing products in Asia
- Basic project management experience
- Packaging experience, a plus
- The ability to read, understand and speak Mandarin is highly desirable, but not required.
- Must be open to international travel.