Job Code: NDB/N110*
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Are you looking for a rewarding and impactful new opportunity? Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to design Support Equipment (Containers) in support of the Nuclear Weapons Acquisition Division, AFLCMC/NDB, Eglin AFB FL, which is part of the AF Nuclear Weapons Center. This Division has responsibility for developing, testing, and producing systems and components related to nuclear strategic weapon systems for our nation's warfighters. These products include the B61-12 Tailkit Assembly and the Long Range Standoff (LRSO) cruise missile.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to;
- Engineer experienced in shipping and storage container design to meet MIL-STD-209 Lifting and Tiedown Provisions, MIL-STD 648 Design Criteria for Specialized Shipping Containers and MIL-STD-2073 DOD Standard Practice for Military Packaging, plus applicable Defense Transportation Regulations.
- US Citizen
- Current Secret clearance (updated within six years)
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years’ experience, Masters' with 3+ years experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Travel required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.