Mechanical Design Engineer
Position offers excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Life, 401K w/ Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Vacation Plan and Education Assistance Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, develop, and design industrial ovens and oven systems, meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost constraints.
• Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements.
• Work with customers and vendors on equipment design.
• Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for quality and manufacturability.
• Develop and maintain designs layouts in the computerized system.
• Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
• Evaluate and select components and parts for products.
• Initiate preorders.
• Develop working relationships with Electrical Engineering and other departments to address and resolve issues.
• Act as a technical resource for sales personnel, service technicians, Quality Assurance technicians, and for product field support of customers.
• Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
• Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
• Occasionally travel to customer sites.
• Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
• Complete special projects, as assigned
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and five to ten years of related experience
• Knowlwedge with AutoCAD 2000 (minimum), CAD-Inventor or SolidWorks
• Lean Manufacturing experience