Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work - operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. *Maintenance - Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) *Operations - Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) *Engineering - Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system recertification, project management/planning support.
- Provide design support for assigned tasks and projects including concept/assembly layout based on routine design computations
- Troubleshoot systems to determine problems and develop solutions to the problems
- Establish and maintain schedules, work to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints, with emphasis on safety operations
- Develop innovative approaches to non-routine, nonrecurring work requests, based on acquired expertise and knowledge of organizational philosophy and personnel capabilities
- Serve as technical specialist in area of specialty and acts as a contributing member of management teams for policy formulations
- Perform any other related duties as required to meet objectives of the group; provide training and maintain appropriate records
U.S. Citizenship is required. Two (2) years of college with courses in engineering or associated disciplines, and eight (8) years of related experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
Demonstrated ability to lead and direct work of others. Position requires specialized and extensive knowledge of engineering principles gained through long and varied work experience in field of specialty. Must work well with both internal and external customers. Working knowledge of machine components (bearings, couplings, gears, actuators, motors, chains, sprockets, shafts, springs, and dampers), hardware, fasteners, joining, welding, materials, pneumatics & hydraulics, and mechanical fabrication & machining processes is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in design and drafting of machines or mechanisms.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Inventor Software
- Self-directed practical designer able to take design projects from concept to completion.
- Working knowledge of standard office software products (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Working knowledge of machine components (bearings, couplings, gears, actuators, motors, chains, sprockets, shafts, springs, and dampers), hardware, fasteners, joining, welding, materials, pneumatics & hydraulics, and mechanical fabrication & machining processes.
Office environment. (85%)
Test/Industrial Environment - May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. Travel between facilities and test sites is required and may bring exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operation (10%).
Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Hardware platforms - Microsoft PC and OS
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%)
Other Essential Functions:
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to ensure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. A valid driver's license is required.