Job Posting - External
Under direct supervision, the Mechanical Designer performs functions to create designs and detailed drawings for truck mounted equipment and to provide support for an assigned line of products. The Mechanical Designer will be tasked with projects that are basic to intermediate in complexity and scope.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, integrate, and test truck mounted equipment systems.
- Design truck bodies and accessories from various materials.
- Create detailed drawings for manufacturing.
- Create simplified drawings for customer review and approval.
- Resolve design, assembly, and manufacturing problems in a timely manner.
- Develop, publish, and maintain operating manuals for our products.
- Develop, publish, and maintain assembly instructions to support the Operations team.
- Communicate effectively with sales, manufacturing, suppliers and customers.
- Support field network of shops by providing troubleshooting information.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Associates Degree or Certificate in a relevant technical field such as Mechanical Design Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a drafter or designer
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Previous experience with welding, sheet metal forming, mobile hydraulic, and 12 volt DC electrical circuits
- Previous AutoCad experience
- Experience with Solidworks Enterprise Product Data Management