As a National asset, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory provides employees with excellent pay and benefits as well and exceptional work/life balance and employment stability.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Reactor Servicing team. Apply to this position if you're seeking to work in a mission-driven, technically diverse and dynamic environment with a strong technical team focused on learning and continuous improvement.
This position requires knowledge and application of fundamental design/drafting concepts, practices, procedures and established standards to produce products and services that are of high quality, striving for zero defects. The successful candidate may be required to research products independently and/or accurately interpret instructions from Engineers and Lead Designers. This position will require the ability to produce fully dimensioned detail and assembly drawings using Computer Aided Design tools, as well as complete calculations for fit of components and assemblies in mechanical systems. The successful candidate may also be required to direct the activities of other design personnel fostering a positive teaming environment.
- Associate's degree in Computer Aided Design, Mechanical/Industrial Technology Degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fundamental mechanical design and drafting concepts.
Job Preferred Skills
- Demonstrated Computer Aided Design exposure with 3D solid modeling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of fundamental design exposure obtained through internship, work experience or school project.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Positive academic performance in mathematical and physical science course work.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate mechanical design concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to research assignments, identify key tasks and milestones and complete assignments as planned to established customer commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work tasks with the appropriate level of independence.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated exposure with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles.