ColonialWebb is seeking talented Mechanical Designers to join our Design Team in our Richmond location.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
The Designer is responsible for generating CAD documents, project coordination drawings, working shop drawings, and any documents to support shop and construction operations.
- High level understanding of his/her trade (mechanical pipe, plumbing or sheet metal) relative to commercial and industrial construction
- 3+ years of Field experience pertaining to his/her trade (mechanical pipe, plumbing or sheet metal) or 3+ years of direct design/detailing experience (in relevant trade)
- Proficiency in CAD detailing and design.
- Preferred experience with Revit
- Experience with AutoCad and Navisworks
- Experience with 3D Design.
- Working knowledge of Fabrication Suite software preferred.
- Able to read and understand contract drawings, specs, and submittals.
- Possess basic computer skills, (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with customers
- Possess the ability to work on multiple projects and meet project deadlines
- Able to work from jobsite environment on occasion.
- Coordinates and details work efficiently and in accordance with plans and specifications, and ColonialWebb fabrication standards. Advises the respective Project Manager as conflicts occur.
- Documents and provides marked up submittals to Project Manager showing any modifications, or discrepancies related to inline duct and piping devices. This includes, but is not limited to fire, smoke, opposed blade and control dampers on the air side, control valves and in line specialty devices related to the pipe and plumbing side.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the respective Project Manager to reduce cost of installation through efficient layout and acceptable changes to contract drawings. Project Management has the authority to direct changes in layout.
- Creates an efficient layout by eliminating unnecessary duct, pipe, and fittings during coordination.
- Monitors and reports to the respective Project Manager when coordination and detailing requires work above and beyond that indicated on the contract drawings.
- Attends job meetings as requested by the Project Manager. Advises Virtual Construction Manager when required to attend jobsite meetings.
- Provides training and support to new and existing designers in the use of computerized design software and equipment, as required.
- Contacts the Virtual Construction Manager as conflicts in direction or priority arise.
- Reviews and makes familiar all project documents and thoroughly understand scope of work.
- Provides accurate estimates for completion of assignments to the Virtual Construction Manager.
- Communicates with the respective Project Manager or Project Engineer as required to accomplish assigned tasks. Documents directives and notifies the Virtual Construction Manager of any changes effecting the completion of work.
- Provides and reviews daily/weekly progress reports—i.e., footage, weld inches, hangers, and any reports pertaining to your discipline as required by the Virtual Construction Manager.
- Generates full coordination and fabrication drawings and provide s all necessary paperwork to complete task —i.e., pounds of metal, accessories, footage, weld inches, feet of pipe, etc.
- Provides clear, dimensional, and accurate drawings/spool sheets fro m fabrication.
- Visits job sites as necessary to complete work assignments.
- Attends meetings—i.e., project turnover and manufacturing meetings for new and existing projects—as requested by Virtual Construction Manager required by job.
- Other duties as assigned by Virtual Construction Manager.
Benefits and Perks
- Top market, competitive wages based on experience.
- Company Hardware
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance (with low premiums).
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Generous personal leave.
- Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major automotive, computer, and cell phone companies.
- And much more…
How to Apply
Employment applications are accepted online at www.ColonialWebb.com/careers.