Are you solution focused and creative? Do you enjoy working with a team and seeing someone's dream turn into a reality? Are you driven to always work better and smarter? Do you hold yourself accountable and always choose to do the right thing?
If so, we may have a position for you!
At Royal Engineering we are driven to make things happen, we are not afraid of hard work and constantly provide quality solutions to our clients. We are currently looking for a mechanical drafter who will work on multiple projects including HVAC and plumbing design for schools, multi-family housing, office buildings, medical facilities, and other buildings. The drafter will be taught design aspects and will be shown how to use them on every project.
Each drafter will be trained to become a designer!
What We Offer
At Royal Engineering you'll find a work environment that offers a true sense of community where the well-being of our employees is a top priority that includes interesting work, continuing education, recognition and work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary, excellent medical, dental and vision benefits to our employees and their families, a generous paid time off schedule, and 401k and profit sharing.
The person who will be successful in this position will meet the following qualifications and competencies:
- Able and willing to collaborate as part of a team
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Motivated and driven to meet or exceed all deadlines with quality work
- Eager to learn new concepts and skills while working on each project
- Displays common sense, good-judgment, and decision-making abilities to do the right thing
- Responsive and respectful to coworkers and clients
- Associate degree in Drafting or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Previous experience in AutoCAD preferred
- Previous experience in Revit preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- Previous experience designing HVAC and plumbing systems would be a plus
- Projects come from architects and private owners
- Most of our projects have four team members with a mechanical project manager or electrical project manager guiding the mechanical/electrical drafter
- Projects reviewed by the stamping engineer upon completion
- If applicable, corrections and adjustments are made per the engineer's review and the project is sent to the client
Responsibilities will include:
- Basic mechanical calculations
- Duct layout and sizing
- Coordinate utilities
- Perform heat load calculations
- Develop the knowledge and the experience to manage projects independently
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned
- Manage projects utilizing acquired on-the-job knowledge
About Royal Engineering
Royal Engineering was founded in 1991 and is a leader in the field of engineering and design consulting in Utah and surrounding states. Our purpose is Making Ideas a Reality and we do this through our
- Collaborate, Coordinate, Communicate
- Make it Happen
- Do the Right Thing
- Quality Solutions
- Professional Interactions
We provide integrated engineering design services for the architecture and construction community. Our core disciplines are electrical, mechanical (HVAC), and plumbing engineering. In addition, we offer specialized consulting services in lighting design, fire protection, energy modeling, security systems and telecommunication systems.
Some of Our Work and Clients
Cowabunga Bay Water Park Draper, Utah
Sleepy Ridge Gold Clubhouse, Orem Utah
Thanksgiving Point Gold Clubhouse, Lehi, Utah
American Leadership Academy, Spanish Fork, Utah
Summit County Courthouse, Coalville, Utah
Parkway Health, Payson, Utah
Snow Park Restaurant, Deer Creek, Utah