Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
Other Job Responsibilities
Leads conceptualization, modeling, analysis, documentation, and test/validation of semiconductor chamber hardware.
- Work with potential suppliers to ensure parts can be manufactured in accordance with performance and cost objectives.
- Ensures documentation is consistent with SEMI, Lam Standards and other standards as applicable (ANSI, DIN etc.).
- May design parts using metals, ceramics, quartz, plastics, and advanced coating/plating.
- May develop test fixtures and execute test plans that generate characterization data sufficient to understand and validate the performance of the design.
- Develops and present reports/presentations/design reviews of excellent quality that communicate design intent, analysis, and validation.
- Collaborates with cross functional team to ensure hardware designs meet overall product objectives.
Typically requires a minimum of 9 years of related experience with a BS degree, or 7 years and a MS degree, or a PhD with 4 years' experience.
Fluency with modeling and assemblies in Siemens NX CAD system.
- Proficient with thermal and structural analysis.
- Experience with CFD flow simulation for gas flow in vacuum systems.
- Prior experience developing semiconductor capital equipment, including chamber hardware, frames, gas and fluid delivery systems, and facilities
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.