NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package such as ventilation, heating and cooling load calculations and equipment sizing, as directed by more senior staff members.
- Perform entry level professional engineering tasks in the mechanical discipline under the supervision of more senior staff members in order to develop design documents including drawings and specifications.
- Be able to design and lay out routine portions of a project using Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or other means, such as duct work and piping systems, equipment layouts, details and schematics.
- May obtain field data by conducting field visits with other team members to project sites both in state and out of state. Document existing conditions.
- May require overnight travel.
- With support from other team members, attempt to solve engineering problems using knowledge obtained from education and experience as well as reasoning.
- May communicate with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
- Obtain knowledge of building codes and stay current with building code changes.
- Work with more senior engineers to select equipment such as air handlers, chillers and boilers.
- Work with more senior engineers to determine the most appropriate concept for the engineering system being designed or re-designed.
- May take other engineers’ rough plan mark-ups to create final design documents.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, be able to specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources.
- Assist more senior engineers with development of technical specifications.
- Perform BIM/CAD functions proficiently in the mechanical discipline and will use Revit and/or AutoCAD MEP software to transfer design concepts to a format acceptable to the client, architect and/or construction company in accordance with NV5 standards.
- Preferred candidates will have a four-year degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program with some cooperative educational experience. In the absence of a BSME, may consider applicants with equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Must have an understanding of the engineering principles in the mechanical discipline he/she is designing.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.