EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Mechanical Engineer to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum is a global design and innovation consultancy that creates products, services, and experiences that work for people and the businesses that serve them. The Technology Practice focuses on innovation at the intersection of technology, engineered systems, and human-centered design. Working with companies from startup technology ventures to global manufacturers, EPAM Continuum creates technology-based products and systems that are valued by people and transform businesses.
EPAM Continuum has more than 150 full-time employees, working out of three offices around the world. The team is made up of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professionals with diverse experiences, including anthropologists, architects, business strategists, economists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, psychologists and designers. Since 1983, EPAM Continuum has created meaningful design solutions for companies and organizations worldwide, including Mindray, Respironics, Johnson and Johnson, Herman Miller, NIH, Avedro, Insulet, Amplifon, and Affymetrix. Mechanical Engineering is a core capability within our business.
EPAM Continuum projects span the consumer, medical, and industrial segments and include a broad range of mechanical engineering content.
Who You Are:
We are looking for exceptional engineers with 2-4 years of experience who work well independently and with others to conceptualize, design, prototype, analyze mechanical concepts, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development of a wide variety of mechanical tasks. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable working with electrical engineers, software engineers, human factors engineers and be able to adapt and recommend solutions to non-engineering colleagues and clients.
The primary responsibilities will be mechanical design, prototyping, analysis, testing, and communication as a fully integrated member of the core project team.
Experience in the following areas are required for consideration:
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program
- 2-4 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Proficient to expert level 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks)
- Strong background with manufacturing processes (prototype and production level), laboratory and shop work
- Experience designing and executing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Strong theoretical mechanical engineering background
Exceptional candidates will also have demonstrated experience in some of the areas below:
- Design for Injection Mold
- Material Research and Selection
- Mechanism Design
- Experiment Design
- Electromechanical System Design
- Ergonomics and Interaction
- Machine Vision
- Dynamics (design for motion/acceleration/deceleration/impact)
- Dimension and Tolerance study
- Thermal Analysis/Flow Simulation
- Statistics/Data Analysis
- Sheetmetal Design
- Machined Part Design
- Structural Frame Design
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Applied safety standards, IEC-61010, IEC-60601 or equivalent
- Physical Prototyping at the appropriate level of fidelity
In addition, the following non-technical areas will be important:
- You’re an energetic team player and have demonstrated spirit and a knack for problem-solving
- You are curious and build knowledge in new technologies, industries, and business models deeply and quickly
- You learn and adapt with creativity. You are enthusiastic about solving problems and may even lead others to innovate
- You are passionate about the big picture and are thorough about the details
- You have excellent presentation, communication, and organization skills. You communicate with impact and influence others positively. You communicate effectively, and you relate well with people and build partnerships
- You are driven to document work thoroughly and communicate with technical and non-technical clients and teammates
In addition to a resume and thoughtful cover letter, please also include any current or recent work in a link to an online portfolio or attached PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EPAM Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.