About Us:BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide, BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our products and service network provide differentiated technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage, wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers, automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers and pasteurizers.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, document, and provide Mechanical Engineering support.
- Assist with the evaluation and resolution of mechanical or warranty issues.
- Ensure all documentation is updated to reflect any field changes required during installation and start-up of assigned projects.
- Provide assistance and input to the Upgrades Department in the development of costing information and proposals.
- Provide assistance on new equipment in the assigned focus factory as needed.
- Apply appropriate latest technical and engineering developments, technology, techniques, and components in new designs and upgrades.
- Lead the development and documentation of component and product specifications with input from Sales and Marketing.
- Perform mechanical design work and documentation.
- Test and document results to specification.
- Integrate designs to customer applications.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years related experience
- Solid Works proficient.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience preparing engineering documentation including BOMs.
- AutoCad experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Mathematics.
- Proficient 3D Visualization Skills.
- Experience with Pneumatics.
- Experience in Drive/Force Calculations.
- Experience in Structural Analysis.
- Knowledge of Electrical Components (eg. PLC’s, Sensors, Motors/Drives, etc.).
- Professional Engineering Registration.
- Experience in Value Engineering.
The position may require 10% travel.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BWIS US - Loveland/Lynchburg/Romeoville