- Successful candidate will work in a small team environment as part of one of our Mechanical Engineering design teams.
- Tasks will include creating engineering drawings of custom aircraft interior/mechanical components and systems.
- Business/Executive jet interior experience required. Attention to visual appearance/ aesthetics of completed designs is very important.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with operations technicians on the shop floor is required.
- Experience with sheet metal, metallic, and composite honeycomb, wood, veneer and cabinetry/ furniture design is a plus. Catia V5/SmarTeam experience required.
- Catia V4 experience a plus. AutoCAD experience preferred. Must have good basic 2D drafting skills- view layout, projection, section views, dimensioning, etc. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative