|Description:|| Responsibilities: |
• Developing and preparing mechanical designs from concept to completion with collaboration from managers, combined with customer and sales input.
• The mechanical design position will be responsible for working to customer specifications and identifying designs and changes to standard machinery, assemblies and parts to meet those specifications.
• Design and provide detail of technical mechanical parts and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document key aspects for manufacturing.
• Capable of taking concept to prototype from initial design through manufacturing. Creates detailed drawings, assembly prints, BOM’s, etc. to facilitate completion – All tasks performed with guidance but minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to make detailed parts drawings from hand sketches and verbal instruction
• Creation of new part numbers and maintain the parts database for accuracy. Utilizes an MRP system for creation of BOM’s.
• Write installation qualification documentation to fulfill customer and cGMP requirements
• Create, control and maintenance of Bill of Materials for assigned projects
• Technical writing of documentation necessary for supporting product production, installation and operation
• Read and interpret complex customer specification documents to determine conformance and develop system BOM’s
• Reading, Investigating and interpreting applicable CE and ANSI directives to insure production is building to meet the standards required.
• Design of high-speed rotating equipment and inline packaging equipment
• Analyzes extensive customer-provided specifications and mechanical engineering data and creates reports to manufacturing department to insure implemented designs meet customer requirements.
• Responsible for document control and drafting.
• Writing technical papers and guides, IQ/OQ documents, risk assessments and making technical presentations for internal use and creation of customer operation manuals
• Utilizes internal manufacturing resources and outside vendors as needed to implement new designs and R&D prototypes according to provided criteria and existing equipment to customer specifications
• Supports existing assembly operations and develops recommendations for assembly process improvements.
• Interfacing with Manufacturing to ensure machinery designs are properly fabricated, parts machined, and assembled which may include revising of mechanical design specifications/drawings. Interfacing with the Production Department to conduct machinery mechanical testing and interfaces with other departments e.g. sales/marketing, parts, purchasing, etc., to coordinate work/projects to ensure customer on-time delivery. Prepare and direct reports to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
• Acting as a technical resource for customers and Service Department’s Service Technicians to address and resolve inquires and problems. Especially, during machine installation and start-up in customer plant(s).
|Requirements:|| Requirements: |
• BS or MS - Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years working experience (post grad)
• Experience in the design, manufacture and use of packaging equipment is a significant plus
• Understanding of electrical controls as well as mechanical is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge
• Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electromechanical components
• Proficient in 3D solid modeling with preferred experience in Pro Engineer/Creo Parametric and Windchill strongly preferred
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to handle a multi-tasked role along with good organizational skills
• Ability to do limited traveling for seminars, training, installation support, trade shows.
• Experience with manufacturing techniques that include sheet metal working, machining of metals, (Stainless Steel) and plastics a plus
• CNC programming (MasterCam Router software or similar) for machine control is a plus.
• Working knowledge of motors and drives is a plus. Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor)
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/Outlook)
|Job Location:||Fairfield, NJ|
|Synerfac Branch:||Parsippany, NJ|
|Synerfac Branch Phone:||(973) 299-9920|
$69,124 - $89,349 /year
What this is