Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work - operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. *Maintenance - Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) *Operations - Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) *Engineering - Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system re-certification, project management/planning support.
The selected candidate will work as part of a team to provide engineering solutions in support of the Reliability Centered Maintenance Program and Asset Performance Management implementation at NASA Langley Research Center.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement risk based Asset Strategies (RCM and FMEA) in the Meridium Asset Performance Management (APM) platform focused on the optimization of the asset maintenance program
- Perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analyses in (Meridium APM)
- Perform Failure Mode Effect Analyses (FMEA) in Meridium APM
- Perform asset criticality analyses in Meridium APM
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of assets, utilities, facilities systems.
- Establish dashboards, analyses and reports in Meridium APM to identify key areas for reliability improvements based
US Citizenship required. BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university with one (1) to two (2) years, or MS degree. Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methods required
- Experience with OSIsoft Pi system desired
- Experience with Meridium Asset Performance Management (APM) desired
- Experience in an industrial, laboratory or manufacturing facility desired
- Fundamental understanding of Preventive Maintenance (PM) requirements for mechanical systems required
- Fundamental understanding of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) requirements for mechanical systems required
Must be able to multi-task, while working in a dynamic environment in which priorities change frequently. Must be self-motivated in their work-habits, show initiative in tackling new work, and exercise and communicate sound technical judgement.
Office environment. (20%). Test/Industrial Environment - May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. (60%).Travel between facilities and test operations may be required (10%). Equipment Rooms (15%).
Must have sufficient mobility to enter into confined spaces, crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required. Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.) (10%)
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (90%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%)
Other Essential Functions:
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. Valid driver's license required.