This position is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports. Primary responsibility is the generation and management of support systems for manufacturing equipment and processes: documentation of technical intellectual property, technical support for ongoing maintenance and production operations, implementation of equipment and process improvement plans.
The Reliability Engineer applies a combination of skills acquired through formal education, professional traning, and on-the-job learning to improve the equipment reliability required to support current and future business requirements:
Provide leadership to the organization as the ‘Voice of the Equipment’ in matters of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS), standard operating procedures, production capacity, capital asset management, procurement strategies, and product quality.
Provide leadership to the larger organization by serving as the “Voice of the Equipment” in decision making and definition of strategies and priorities.
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at every level of the organizaiton is critical in both written and oral formats. Particular emphasis is placed on communication with maintenance crafts.
- The ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization is a job requirement.
- Technical competency requirements will depend on a speficic position, but in general:
-Engineering Fundamentals (BS in accredited engineering program should suffice)
-CAD (2D for Electrical, 2D & 3D modeling for mechanical)
-PLC programming (ex. Allen Bradley, Modicon)
-Object-Oriented Programming (Visual Basic, Visual C, etc.)
-Statistical Process Control (Six Sigma methodology)
-Equipment Troubleshooting Skills (specifics depend on position: mechanical vs. electrical)
- Willingness to acquire new technical and leadership skills, and share existing knowledge with colleagues.
- Work with immediate supevisor to identify your individual development and training needs to enhance personal skills, achieve success in your current assignment, prepare for future assignments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.