Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- We have multiple Mechanisms Process Engineering positions currently available for experienced engineers
- Executes a variety of moderate to complex mechanical engineering assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current products, components, tools and acceptance equipment
- Develops test procedures and performs product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews and other engineering evaluation tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies and makes recommendations for product, test equipment procedures and manufacturing or operation processes that that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Interacts with and presents to design agencies, suppliers and/or internal stakeholders such as the Integrated Supply Chain or Program Management to assist in resolving design, development, production, acceptance and schedule issues
- Provides technical direction or assistance in appropriate assigned field(s); evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime and enhance operations surety; influences technical direction and decision-making
- Mentors and coaches earlier in career engineers and technicians
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial / Aerospace / Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering from an ABET accredited program, or BS Physics
- Two (2) or more years of applied experience in engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered at the level (II, III, Senior) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by current business requirements
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Seven (7) or more years of experience preferred
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience connecting design to manufacturing, driving consistency, reliability and producibility
- Interest in and willingness to undertake a variety of engineering assignments (e.g., product, process, project) through course of career
- Tooling/Fixturing Design and Development
- Utilize 3D modeling software
- Understanding of Greenbelt and Lean principles
- Development of work instruction and interacting with production floor operators
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- JOB ID: req236605
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.