Senior Engineer III Mechanical
Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments usually include Equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities of limited scope.
• Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
• Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position or equivalent graduate level education.
• Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
• Assistance is furnished on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
• Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
• Mechanical Supervision of Piping department
• P&ID, specs, and continuous project development
• Approval of piping isometric packages
• Pressure vessel and stress analysis calculations
• Estimate all mechanical scopes of projects
• Assist Piping Lead with piping scopes
• Supervise and monitor discipline progress and report to client
• Manage small single discipline projects.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• 5 to 10 years chemical and refining industry related experience
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• PE Certification for Louisiana preferred