Our client, a U.S. Oil Major, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Machinery Engineer to fulfill a key technical role in its large refining and petrochemical complex.
Job Summary: In this role, you will support the Process departments through online machinery performance optimization and troubleshooting, and the Maintenance departments by providing field troubleshooting and quality repair specifications, direction and training.
This includes support for turnarounds by defining risk-based work scopes and designs, Inspection & Test Plan development, execution of Quality Assurance, and closeout reporting.
The Machinery Engineer determines the root cause of equipment failures, performs machinery performance evaluations, and analyzes equipment trends & historical data to develop and improve equipment strategies and obtain lowest life cycle cost on rotating equipment.
The Machinery Engineer also provides technical support in project development, QA/QC, installation, and commissioning.
About the Employer: Our client is a major U.S. integrated oil & gas, refining and petrochemical company - a "destination employer" whose engineers enjoy a collaborative working environment, excellent financial rewards, and good opportunities for career growth and advancement. This leading company provides among the industry's very best pay and benefits, and is one of the few to still offer a traditional, defined benefit lifetime pension plan.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10+ years of machinery/rotating equipment engineering experience in an oil refinery, olefins plant, or paper mill
- Knowledgeable in machinery used in these operations including large centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, API/ANSI pumps, steam and/or gas turbines, electric motors, large gearboxes, fans, mixers
- Ability to perform machinery vibration analysis, including data collection and interpretation
- Ability to perform Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a technical Group or Team Lead
* Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
How To Apply: Please click on Reply at right and upload your resume. Thank you!.
All resumes will be held in strict confidence. Qualified candidates will be contacted and permission obtained before resume is forwarded to our client.
, commensurate with experience. Highly competitive salary, 401-k, Pension Plan, Paid Relocation