Provides mechanical engineering support to implement production equipment and / or systems.
- Investigates, researches, and/or analyzes new technology and existing equipment/systems to determine need for modification/improvement and the feasibility of introducing new equipment or
- Develops implementation alternatives/options and proposes them to management for review and
- Plans and designs automated production equipment or systems, such as instruments, controls, machines, and mechanical or electrical systems, by applying knowledge of engineering
- Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analyses, and proposals for integrating machinery and equipment. Orders necessary materials for in-house
- Reviews contractor proposals with Purchasing and evaluates vendors and proposed equipment. Makes recommendations regarding how project should be
- Reviews, verifies and approves vendor supplied conceptual and detailed drawings, panel layouts and / or process drawings. Reviews / approves functionality of vendor supplied concepts /
- Designs, develops, assembles, and tests prototype equipment/systems for new/improved functions and/or processes. Analyzes data to verify efficiency/reliability of
- Creates detailed layouts, assembly and component drawings for in-house projects. Creates and verifies associated BOMs, spare parts lists, setup and maintenance procedures. Updates drawings and
documentation to as-built conditions.
- Researches and interprets industry consensus standards to determine applicability to current and future equipment and / or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Coordinates and /or performs Risk Assessments to ensure equipment & processes are built in compliance with OSHA and industry consensus standards (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Plans and coordinates layout of manufacturing plant to maximize operating efficiency. Performs cycle time studies and analyzes flow of people, parts and products through the facility to determine effectiveness of
current equipment/methods and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinates fabrication and testing of new equipment/systems for in-house projects. Coordinates and communicates with affected departments throughout development / implementation
- Troubleshoots equipment
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special
- Requires B. S. in Mechanical Engineering with 2-4 years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires strong experience with equipment and automation design, working with turnkey vendors, writing specifications and identifying improvement and cost down
- Working knowledge of CAD design required (preferably Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience with robotic and vision systems a
- Requires experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Requires strong verbal and written communication
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company