A Mechanical Engineer (product design) career opportunity is available with a well-established manufacturer of large custom machinery located in Hanover, PA. This position will focus on design, research, and development of their products.
- Provide concept ideas /machine design solutions per customer requests
- Prepare drawings from ideas, make layout drawings of machines and components
- Prepare engineering calculations to support estimated production projections
- Participate in engineering department pricing estimates
- Review all designs in cooperation with department manager & team
- Participate in engineering department projects including new machine design developments, improvements and refinements to existing proprietary equipment
- Respond to customer service technical inquiries
- Travel on occasion to customer site for consultation
- Prepare written literature for designed machinery (instructions for set up, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance, etc.)
- Assist with start-up, running, trouble-shooting, and “debugging” of new and existing machine designs in the shop environment
- Analyze, interpret, and recommend modifications to new or existing designs to suit international and/or special regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- In-depth knowledge of design CAD software (2D & 3D)
- 5-7+ years / focus on mechanical / machine creative design
- Helpful: knowledge of metal fabrication, machining processes & understanding of current cutting tool technology
- Impeccable attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate, and problem solve effectively to see project through to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external personnel
- Good conceptual, writing and math skills
Apply now for consideration!